Do you have flat hair? These tips will get you on your way to luxurious hair style.
4. Toweling your hair damp-dry before you apply the styling products will increase their effectiveness.
5. Use Root Lifter.
It is a firm hold spray gel that is sprayed at the base of the hair shaft – the root area. Used in this way, it will cause extra body and lift.
6. Next, use a styling foam or styling gel formulated for fine hair.
Emulsify the product in your hands and work through your hair from the roots to the ends.
7. Blow drying: The effectiveness of any product you use will depend on how you dry your hair. As you blow-dry your hair, lift it up off the scalp. Using a vent brush to lift the hair up, rather than brushing it down, will achieve the best result.
8. Fullness can also be achieved by brushing the hair in the opposite direction from which it falls. If your hair naturally falls forward, blow it back as you dry it. When it is dry, comb it into place.
9. Finally, and probably the easiest if you have long hair is to turn your head upside down and dry the hair until just the ends are damp.
10. In all of these techniques, dry the root area of the hair first and then the ends.
11. Use a large curling iron for extra body.
When using a curling iron on your hair, form the curl, and then carefully remove the curling iron. Hold the curl up and spray the base of it (next to your head) with flexile hold hair spray. Allow the spray to dry and place the section of hair where you want it.
12. After you have achieved fullness. You may need something called back-combing, teasing or ratting to keep it from falling flat again. This is the art of tangling the hair to create a cushion of lift. When the back-combing is in place and then smoothed. The effect should be that of naturally thick hair or hair that has lots of body.
Lynne Chapman served as Hair Site Editor of BellaOnline.com for fifteen years. She is a professional stylist and colorist of more than forty years.